Thursday, January 22, 2009

Roma!


We finally made it to Rome. I do truly hate plane rides and cannot wait until I can be transported. Any way, we got to Rome at about 8.30 am, got our luggage and waited for the AUR housing people to find us. So at about 9.30 we all hopped on a bus to our apartments. 20 minutes later we were at our apartment. The guy from AUR told us that the people in the condominiums here were paying about 450,000 euro to own and that is rediculious. So our apartment is pretty sweet, I've yet to take any pictures though. We have a huge terrace, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a living room, and a kitchen. So we're making out pretty good. When we got here we moved our crap in and ventured out to the discount supermarket, Todis. We bought a bit of food so we could survive, but we ended up eating out twice. I napped from 1-3.30ish then unpacked. Around 8pm we went out for dinner, our destination was Il Vascello, it was just pizza. We tried potato, rosa, and mozzarella. Renee liked the potato best, I liked the rosa. We walked around for a bit more discovering that most stuff was closed and then headed home. It was peaceful and still night in the high 40s so it was rather enjoyable. Our Italian is lacking but I'm trying to get better. Today, I have been up since 4.30am (I went to bed at 10pm) and I decided to stop fake sleeping at 5.30 and got up. We have to go to campus from 10-4 to do our stay permesso thing, we were going to try to get there early, then explore. Click here for more apartment pictures. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment